Family Care and Community Development Initiatives, Inc. is a non-profit organization and a community development arm of Vineyard Christian Fellowship Davao (Philippines). Established in 2012, the organization is staffed by a group of proactive people who are convinced that community development does not lie in the hands of the government alone but by the people themselves who are being empowered to improve not only their own lives but also the people around them.
FCCDI is presently feeding 170 children, 4 times per week. In addition to food, the children receive supplemental education as well as spiritual development. For $35 per month, a child can receive these meals and also have school supplies paid for so that they may attend school.
Read to Lead
Jana, a six year old Bad-jao girl attends the feeding program in Isla Verde. She was brought by her older brother to the program be-cause of food, but now she comes not only for food but also for the activities done in the center.
She loves to go to church on Sundays and sings worship songs to God. Jana also loves to listen Bible stories.
She wants to be a teacher someday. That’s why she wants to learn how to read. At the center teachers tutor her in reading. – Bing Cabalida
Please Pray for
Protection of children from any form of abuses.
- Protection from COVID as face to face classes now is implemented.
- Pray that children will do well in school.
- Pray for the teachers as they do their tasks everyday, that the love of God will fill their hearts.
- Pray for strength and protection for all leaders.
- Pray for God’s moving in Bible studies and prayer meetings.
- Transformation of families
- The Ministry Center